We provide our data to customers who want to use it in their own applications. These services enable manual or automated machine-to-machine data, model, and product retrievals. Data can be downloaded in multiple formats, such as CSV, XML, KML, NetCDF, JSON, TXT, and DODS.
To prevent numerous large data requests slowing data access through the internet services; all internet data services have limits on the amount of data which can be retrieved per request. These limits are based on the interval of data requested.
- 6-Minute Interval data is limited to 30 days of data
- Hourly Interval data is limited to 1 year of data
- High/Low data is limited to 1 year of data
- Monthly Means data is limited to 200 years
- CO-OPS Data API - The CO-OPS Application Programming Interface (API) for data retrieval can be used to retrieve observations and predictions from CO-OPS stations.
- SOAP Web Services - CO-OPS SOAP Web Services were developed using industry standards. Each SOAP web service is offered with a sample request, sample response and sample Java Client code to our users to facilitate their work with seamlessly connecting to the services and to retrieve the data of interest.
- ERDDAP (Environmental Research Division's Data Access Program) - A data server that gives you a simple, consistent way to download subsets of scientific datasets in common file formats and make graphs and maps. ERDDAP also provides Data Access Forms (web pages) which help users create the OPeNDAP (Open-source Project for a Network Data Access Protocol) compliant requests.
- CO-OPS Sensor Observational Service (SOS) - Provides data retrieval of the latest observations and time series, for a single station and for a "collection" of stations, and in multiple data formats. Historical data also available.
- THREDDS (Thematic Real-time Environmental Distributed Data Services) - The THREDDS server allows users to access data sets of interest in ASCII and Binary formats through the OPeNDAP protocol. The users of this application can view and download NetCDF model data or sub-samples of it.
- Stations Listing - A web application to retrieve a list of active National Water Level Observation Network (NWLON) stations. Each station provides station metadata and sensors real-time status and configuration. The same information is also available as an XML format on a station by station basis or as a whole network of stations. Please note that lists of active tidal current stations, meteorological/physical oceanographic stations, active water level stations, harmonic stations, and datums stations are available as part of the SOAP and SOS web services.
- GIS Data Portal - Provides public access to CO-OPS stations and derived data products in the form of GIS services, including public ArcGIS Server REST Services.
- Google Earth/KML Files - Provides our data via KML to users.
- NowCOAST - A web mapping portal that provides spatially referenced links to thousands of real-time coastal observations and NOAA forecasts of interest to the marine community.