This machine was designed by Rollin A. Harris and E.G. Fischer and constructed in the instrument shop of the U.S. Coast and Geodetic Survey. It was completed in 1910 and replaced the Ferrel Tide-Predicting Machine in 1912. The machine summed 37 constituents and was capable of tracing a curve graphically depicting the results.
(clicking on the pictures brings up a larger photograph)
The larger version of the image on the left will be 1624 KB --- The image on the right will be 1609 KB
The image on the left will be 2592 KB --- The image on the right will be 2381 KB
Back to the Previous Page